On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Markus Jelsma
<markus.jel...@openindex.io> wrote:
> I'm not sure. The filter cache uses your filter as a key and a negation is a
> different key. You can check this easily in a controlled environment by
> issueing these queries and watching the filter cache statistics.

Gotta hate crossing emails ;-)
Anyway, this goes back to Solr 1.1

 5. SOLR-80: Negative queries are now allowed everywhere.  Negative queries
    are generated and cached as their positive counterpart, speeding
    generation and generally resulting in smaller sets to cache.
    Set intersections in SolrIndexSearcher are more efficient,
    starting with the smallest positive set, subtracting all negative
    sets, then intersecting with all other positive sets.  (yonik)

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco