Hi Erick,

My OOM problem starts when I query the core with 13217121 documents. My
schema and other details are given below,

1> how is your sort field defined? String? Integer? If it's a string and you
could change it to a numeric type, you'd use a lot less memory.

We primarily use two different sort criteria one is a date field and the
other is string (id). I cannot change the "id" field as this is also the
uniquekey for my schema.

2> How many distinct terms? I'm guessing one/document actually,this is
somewhat of an anti-pattern in Solr for all it's sometimes necessary.

Since one of the field is a timestamp instance and the other a unique key
all are distinct. (These are tweets happening for keyword)

3> How much memory are you allocating for the JVM?

I am starting solr with the following command java -Xms1024M -Xmx-2048M
start.jar

All out test case for moving to solr has passed, this is proving to be a big
set back. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rohit