Hey all!

I have a few questions concerning the field cache method for faceting.
The wiki says for enum method: "This was the default (and only) method for faceting multi-valued fields prior to Solr 1.4. ". And for fc method: "This was the default method for single valued fields prior to Solr 1.4. ". I just ran into the problem of using fc for a field which can have multiple terms for one field. The facet counts would be wrong, seemingly only counting the first term in the field of each document. I observed this in Solr 1.4.1 and in 3.1 with the same index.

Question 1: The quotes above say "prior to Solr 1.4". Has this changed? Is there another method for multi-valued faceting since Solr 1.4? Question 2: Very weird is another observation: When faceting on another field, namely the "text" field holding a large variety of terms and especially a lot of different terms in one single field, the fc method seems to count everything correctly. In fact, the results between fc and enum don't seem to differ. The field in which the fc and enum faceting results differ consists of a lot of terms which have all start- end end offsets 0, 0 and position increment 1. Could this be a problem?

Best regards,

    Erik