From: antoniosi [mailto:antonio...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:43 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: newbie question for DataImportHandler

Hi,

I am new to Solr; apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

I have created a simple database, with only 1 table with 3 columns, id, name,
and last_update fields.

I populate the database with 1 million test rows.
I run solr, go to the data import handler development console and do a full
import. I use the "Luke" tool to look at the content of the lucene index.

This all works fine so far.

I remove all the 1 million rows from my table and populate the table with
another million rows of data.
I remove the index that solr previously create. I restart solr and go to the
data import handler development console and do the full import again.

I use the "Luke" tool to look at the content of the lucene index. However, I am
seeing the old data in my new index.

Doe Solr keeps a cached copy of the index somewhere?

I hope I have described my problem clearly.

Thanks in advance.