And it wouldn't work unless all the data is stored anyway. Currently there's
no way to update a single field in a document, although there's work being
done in that direction (see the "column stride" JIRA).

What do you want to do with these fields? If it's to influence scoring, you
could look at external fields.

If the flags are a selection criteria, it's...harder. What are the flags
used for? Could you consider essentially storing a map of the
uniqueKey's and flags in a "special" document and having your app
read that document and merge the results with the output? If this seems
irrelevant, a more complete statement of the use-case would be helpful.

Best
Erick