Hi Andy:

Here is a white paper that shows screenshots of faceting working with Solr and RankingAlgorithm under NRT:
http://solr-ra.tgels.com/wiki/en/Near_Real_Time_Search

The implementation (src) is also available with the download and is described in the below document:
http://solr-ra.tgels.com/papers/NRT_Solr_RankingAlgorithm.pdf

The faceting test was done with the mbartists demo from the book, Solr-14-Enterprise-Search-Server and is approx around 390k docs.

Regards,

- Nagendra Nagarajayya
http://solr-ra.tgels.com
http://rankingalgorithm.tgels.com