this is from another post and could help

Can you use a javascript library which handles ajax and json / jsonp
You will end up with much cleaner client code for example a jquery
implementation looks quite nice using solrs neat jsonp support:

queryString = "*:*"
$.getJSON(
            "http://[server]:[port]/solr/select/?jsoncallback=?";,
                {"q": queryString,
                "version": "2.2",
                "start": "0",
                "rows": "10",
                "indent": "on",
                "json.wrf": "callbackFunctionToDoSomethingWithOurData",
                "wt": "json",
                "fl": "field1"}
        );

and the callback function

function callbackFunctionToDoSomethingWithOurData(solrData) {
           // do stuff with your nice data
        }

Their is also a javascript client for solr as well but i've not used this