I think the question is strange... May be you are wondering about possible
OOM exceptions? I think we can pass to Lucene single document containing
comma separated list of "term, term, ..." (few billion times)... Except
"stored" and "TermVectorComponent"...

I believe thousands companies already indexed millions documents with
average size few hundreds Mbytes... There should not be any limits (except
InputSource vs. ByteArray)

100,000 _unique_ terms vs. single document containing 100,000,000,000,000
of non-unique terms (and trying to store offsets)

What about "Spell Checker" feature? Is anyone tried to index single
terabytes-like document?

Personally, I indexed only small (up to 1000 bytes) documents-fields, but
I believe 500Mb is very common use case with PDFs (which vendors use
Lucene already? Eclipse? To index Eclipse Help file? Even Microsoft uses
Lucene...)

Fuad