Hello list,

Thanks for attending to my previous questions so far, have learnt a lot.
Here is another one, I hope it will be interesting to answer.

We run our SOLR shards and front end SOLR on the Amazon high-end machines.
Currently we have 6 shards with around 200GB in each. Currently we have only
one front end SOLR which, given a client query, redirects it to all the
shards. Our shards are constantly growing, data is at times reindexed (in
batches, which is done by removing a decent chunk before replacing it with
updated data), constant stream of new data is coming every hour (usually
hits the latest shard in time, but can also hit other shards, which have
older data). Since the front end SOLR has started to be a SPOF, we are
thinking about setting up some sort of load balancer.

1) do you think ELB from Amazon is a good solution for starters? We don't
need to maintain sessions between SOLR and client.
2) What other load balancers have been used specifically with SOLR?

Overall: does SOLR scale to such size (200GB in an index) and what can be
recommended as next step -- resharding (cutting existing shards to smaller
chunks), replication?

Thanks for reading to this point.

--
Regards,