Can you back up and explain why you have this requirement?
Disabling ranking by relevance is fairly unusual in any decent
sized application.

And before you jump into this as a solution, have you tried
other ways of increasing performance? This may be an "XY"
problem, see:

Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341
(from http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem)

Best
Erick