Thanks Peter , for your input .

I really  would like a document and schema agnostic   solution as  in solr
1872.

  Am I right  in my assumption that SOLR1872  is same as the solution that
we currently have where we add a flter query of the products  to orignal
query and hence (SOLR 1872) will also run into  TOO many boolean clause
expanson error?

Regards
Sujatha