In the checked out lucene (either trunk or one of the 3.x branches) source is a solr/ directory. You just cd into that directory, and dist-war becomes a build option.

Thanks, Shawn! That worked and by invoking dist-war build I have received apache-solr-4.0-SNAPSHOT.war file successfully - but judging by its name it is a current 4.0 snapshot rather than stable 3.2.

Alas, 4.0 doesn't suit me for two reasons: first, it is still experimental and hasn't been released yet (at least as far as I know) and second, it supports field collapsing natively, so it doesn't need to be patched. The problem is that the parameters Solr 4.0 uses to control collapsing are not compatible with the ones added by SOLR-236 patch so I have to rewrite my client application as well. Which is surely inevitable sooner or later but until 4.0 is released I'd prefer stick to earlier version.

So I need an advice once again - which folder I need to checkout to get 3.2 source code? Is it clear with 1.4.1 (.../tags/release-1.4.1 is obvious enough), and ...dev/trunk turned out to contain 4.0. Surely my question is silly but I can't figure out how can I get Solr 3.2 buildable source code.

-y.