Hi, Mark

I think FileNotFoundException will be worked around by raise the ulimit.
I just want to know why segments are created more than mergeFactor.
During the googling, I found contents concerning mergeFactor:
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/bH0vUQzfYcdtZoocG2C9
Yonik wrote:
"mergeFactor 10 means a maximum of 10 segments at each "level".
if maxBufferedDocs=10 with a log doc merge policy (equivalent to
Lucene in the old days), then you could have up to ~ 10*log10(nDocs)
segments in the index (i.e. up to 60 segments for a 1M doc index)."

But I don't understand this.
someone explain to me in more detail?

Thanks