> So you mean I cannot update the
> data-config programmatically?

Yes you can update it, and reload it via command
dataimport?command=reload-config. However there is no built-in mechanism for
this in solr.

> I don't
> understand how the request parameters be of use to me.

May be you can use different ulr in each import request.
dataimport?command=full-import&clean=false&url=myNewlyAddedURL

> This is how my data-config file looks:
>

> <dataConfig>
>         <dataSource
> type="HttpDataSource" />
>         <document>
>
> <entity name="slashdot"
>
>         pk="link"
>
>         url="http://rss.slashdot.org/Slashdot/slashdot";
>

> processor="XPathEntityProcessor"
>
>         forEach="/RDF/channel |
> /RDF/item"
>

> transformer="DateFormatTransformer">
>

>         <field column="title"
>       xpath="/RDF/item/title"
> />
>
>         <field column="link"
>        xpath="/RDF/item/link"
> />
>
>         <field column="description"
> xpath="/RDF/item/description" />
>
>         <field column="date"
> xpath="/RDF/item/date"
> dateTimeFormat="yyyy-MM-dd'T'hh:mm:ss" />
>
> </entity>
>         </document>
> </dataConfig>
>
> I am running a Flash based application as the front end UI
> to show the
> search results. Now I want the user to be able to add new
> RSS feed data
> sources.

How about fetching urls ("http://rss.slashdot.org/Slashdot/slashdot";) from an
another data source, like database table, text file in a file system etc.