Hi,

I am trying to understand why the two queries return different results. To
me they look similar, can some one help me understand the difference in the
results.

Query1 :
facet=true&q=time&fq=supplierid:1001&start=0&rows=10&sort=published_on desc

Query2: facet=true&q=time&fq=supplierid:1001+published_on:[* TO
NOW]&start=0&rows=10&sort=published_on desc

The first query returns only 44 rows while the second one returns 200,000
rows. When I dont have the filter for published_on, I am assuming that SOLR
should return all the results with supplier id 1001, so Query 1 should have
returned more number of results(or atleast same number of results ) than the
second query.

Thanks.