my solrconfig.xml configuration is as :
<mainIndex>
   <useCompoundFile>false</useCompoundFile>
    <ramBufferSizeMB>32</ramBufferSizeMB>
    <mergeFactor>5</mergeFactor>
    <maxMergeDocs>10</maxMergeDocs>
    <maxFieldLength>10000</maxFieldLength>
    <unlockOnStartup>false</unlockOnStartup>
  </mainIndex>

my solrconfig.xml configuration is as :

*<mainIndex>
   <useCompoundFile>false</useCompoundFile>
    <ramBufferSizeMB>32</ramBufferSizeMB>
    <mergeFactor>5</mergeFactor>
    <maxMergeDocs>10</maxMergeDocs>
    <maxFieldLength>10000</maxFieldLength>
    <unlockOnStartup>false</unlockOnStartup>
  </mainIndex>*

and index size is 12mb. but when i change my mergeFactor i am not finding
any effect in my indexes., ie. the no of segments are exactly same. i am not
getting which configuration will effect the no of segments. as i suppose it
is mergefactor. and my next problem is which configuration defines the
number of docs per segments and what will be the size of this segment so
that next segments will be created

please make me clear about these points

-----
Thanks & Regards