Hi,

I am researching about core administration using Solr.  My requirement is to
be able to provision/create/delete indexes dynamically.  I have tried it and
it works.  Apparently core admin handler will create a new core by
specifying the instance Directory (required), along with data directory, and
so on.  The issue I'm having is that a separate app that lives on a
different machine need to create these new cores on demand along with
creating new schema.xml and data directories.  The required instance
directory, data directory and others need to be separate from each core.

My first approach is to write a tool that would take additional params that
can code gen the schema config files and so on based on different type of
documents.  ie: Homes, People, etc...

But I need to know if Solr already handles that case.  I wouldn't want to
have to write the tool if Solr already supports creating cores with new
configs on the fly.