unfortunately the userIdsToScore updates very often.  I'd get more Ids almost
every single query (hence why I made the new component).  But I see the
problem of not being able to score the whole resultSet.  I'd actually need
to do this now that I think about it.  I want to get a whole whack of users
(lets say 10,000), score them using my system, and then 'remember' the top
3500 of these users in the result cache or something.

How would I go about operating on the whole resultSet rather then just the
'rows' I set.  I wonder if I can set rows to be really large, score them in
the component, and then remember all of these results in the result cache
and then dynamically change rows in my component so not all 3500 (or w/e
number I choose) are returned.