On 7/1/2011 9:23 AM, Tod wrote:
I'm working on upgrading to v3.2 from v 1.4.1. I think I've got everything working but when I try to do a data import using dataimport.jsp I'm rolling back and getting class not found exception on the above referenced class.

I thought that tika was packaged up with the base Solr build now but this message seems to contradict that unless I'm missing a jar somewhere. I've got both dataimporthandler jar files in my WEB-INF/lib dir so not sure what I could be missing. Any ideas?

Tika is included in the solr download, but it's not included in the .war or any of the other files in the dist directory. You may have noticed that you now have to include one or more jars for the dataimport handler. If you copy the following files from the solr download to the same place you have apache-solr-dataimporthandler-3.2.0.jar, you should be OK.

contrib/extraction/lib/tika-core-0.8.jar
contrib/extraction/lib/tika-parsers-0.8.jar

Thanks,
Shawn