On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 17:19, Juan Grande <juan.gra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marian,
>
> I guess that your problem isn't related to the number of results, but to the
> component's configuration. The configuration that you show is meant to set
> up an autocomplete component that will suggest terms from an incomplete user
> input (something similar to what google does while you're typing in the
> search box), see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Suggester. That's why your
> suggestions to "place" are "places" and "placed", all sharing the "place"
> prefix. But when you search for "placw", the component doesn't return any
> suggestion, because in your index no term begins with "placw".
>
> You can learn how to correctly configure a spellchecker here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent. Also, I'd recommend to take
> a look at the example's solrconfig, because it provides an example
> spellchecker configuration.

Juan, thanks for the information!

I have read through that page for quite a while before doing my tests,
but it seems as if I had a different mental model. Then all reading
might not be worth it. I thought that the SpellCheckComponent would be
able to fetch index terms which are similar to the query term. The use
case for that, mainly (but not only) in case of a zero-hit search
would be to display the famous "Did you mean ..." hint.

So I'm going back to the docs and to the example. :)

Later,

Marian