I need to take a new approach on accessing my Solr index.  It's indexed where
each document is a biological node (drug, gene etc.). Each has multi-valued
fields for disease and species and other things. To keep the question as simple
as possible let's just worry about disease.

I'm faceting on the  disease field.  My original plan is to present node search
results, returning (thus stored) and faceting (indexed) on disease and other
fields. That all works great, but now the requirement is to be able to
determine which nodes have disease x, y, z...  That is, in a graphical viewer,
we want to allow the user to click on, say, "diabetes", and highlight the set
of nodes pertaining to a given disease.  The viewer requires information like:

        diabetes -> nodeId1, nodeId2, nodeId3
        neoplasia -> nodeId1, nodeId123
        pancreatic cancer -> NodeId3, nodeId5

Where nodeIdx is just the document ID.

I can see how I could get all the of diseases for all nodes in the set, and go
through the SolrDocuments and compile the disease to node mappings myself.  Or,
I could query Solr and specify the diseases for which to return nodes. Perhaps
that would be a single query, or one per disease?

But, faceting on disease gives me the document count for each disease type. Is
there a way I can use the faceting functionality and get the document IDs
rather than just a count?  Solr must know the IDs are some point in calculating
the facet count.

Thanks!

Jeff
--