Hi
Do Stored field values get added to the index for each document field
combination literally or is a pointer used ?
I've been reading http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/fileformats.pdf
and I think thats the case but not 100% so thought I'd ask.

In logical terms for stored fields do we get this sort of storage:

doc0 field0 > "xxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxx"
doc0field1 > "yyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyy"
doc1 field0 > "xxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxx"
doc1field1 > "yyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyy"

or this:

doc0 field0 > {1}
doc0field1 > {2}
doc1 field0 > {1}
doc1field1 > {2}

val1 >"xxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxx"
val2 >"yyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy yyy"

I'm trying to understand possible impact of storing fields which have
a small set of repeating values, hoping it would not have an impact on
file size. But I'm now think it will?

thanks in advance