Thanks for your response.

Actually the elements are composed as follows:
&fq=first&fq=second............

But using Solr admin query screen i have modified the query to:
&fq=supplierName:first&fq=supplierName:second........
i still get the same results.

I will try to use solrQuery.addFilterQuery(arrayOfSupplierNames) like you
suggested and see how it goes.

Thanks.