On 8/15/2011 5:55 PM, Arcadius Ahouansou wrote:
Hi Shawn.

Unles you are doing complex pre-processing before indexing, you may want to
have a look at:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Usage_with_RDBMS

That should take care of it without any coding.

You may need to periodically do a HTTP GET to trigger the import.

I'm aware of this, and my current build system written in Perl works this way. When I need to do a full index rebuild, I will still use the DIH, but it has become too limiting for regular indexing needs. It will be inadequate for things that we have in development. We need more flexibility, so I am wanting to handle the interface to the DB myself and index directly with SolrJ.

Thanks,
Shawn