So the way I generate war files now is by running an 'ant dist' in the solr
folder.  It generates the war fine and I get a build success, and then I
deploy it to tomcat and once again the logs show it was successful (from the
looks of it).  However, when I go to 'myip:8080/solr/admin' I get an HTTP
status 404.

However, it works when I take a war from the nightly build, expand it, drop
some new class files in there that I need, and close it up again.  The solr
I have checked out seems fine though and I can't find any differences
between the war I'm generating and the one that has been generated.