Good luck, and let us know what the results are. About dropping the cache.. That
shouldn't  be a problem, it should just be computed when your
component is called
the first time, so starting the server (or opening a new searcher)
should re-compute
it. Your filters shouldn't be very big, just maxDocs/8 bytes long...

By the way, there exist "user caches" (see solrconfig.xml) that you can use
for whatever you want, so you could consider stashing your filters in there. The
neat thing is that they get notified whenever the searcher is opened (?) and you
can regenerate the data held there. MIght be more convenient than mucking with
filter query caching...

Best
Erick