Am 19.08.2011 16:43, schrieb Yonik Seeley:
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:36 AM, alexander sulz<a.s...@digiconcept.net>  wrote:
using lsof I think I pinned down the problem: too many open files!
I already doubled from 512 to 1024 once but it seems there are many SOCKETS
involved,
which are listed as "can't identify protocol", instead of "real files".
over time, the list grows and grows with these entries until.. it "crashs".
So Ive read several times the fix for this problem is to set the limit to a
ridiculous high number but
that seems a little bit of a crude fix. Why so many open sockets in the
first place?
What are you using as a client to talk to solr?
You need to look at both the update side and the query side.
Using persistent connections is the best all-around, but if not, be
sure to close the connections in the client.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com
I use PHP to talk to solr, this one to be exact http://code.google.com/p/solr-php-client/ version r22 i guess.
I'll try updating it and see what happens..