Hi.

Either port it to Solr 3, or use Solr 4 (trunk).

I know and have used a Metacarta solution but that is also based on Solr 4 and
I don't think they've back-ported it. I have no clue what they charge for it or
where to get it; I have it as part of their larger solution.

There's also a small little-known set of source files tar'ed up and attached to
SOLR-773 as "solrGeoQuery.tar" that I've examined; it attempts to solve this
problem. It is not particularly fast and I believe there are bugs in +/- 10
degrees latitude but I haven't actually confirmed it.  That was actually the
last thing I looked at before embarking on SOLR-2155 (geohashes).

~ David