Hi all,

Playing with multicore and dynamic creation of new core, I found out that
there is one mandatory parameter "instanceDir" which is mandaotry to find
out the location of solrconfig.xml and schema.xml. Since all my cores share
the same configuration (found realtively to the $SOLR_HOME defined on server
side) and that all data is saved in the same folder (one sub-folder per
core), I was wandering why do we still need to send this parameter? In my
configuration, I would like to avoid that the client, which ask for core
creation, need to be aware of instance location on the server.

BTW I'm on solr 3.3.0

Thanks for any advice.

--
Gérard Dupont
Information Processing Control and Cognition (IPCC)

Document & Learning team - LITIS Laboratory