Dear Gupta,

In my case, I am doing something similar to you.
I use tow core, one core I build category's tree, another core I use to
build the product's information include the leaf cat of products. So when
one search I get, I will facet the leaf cat, then get the category tree in
the category core via product's leafcat (or you can cache the category tree
in you memery).

Hope this can help u.