Hi all

   The Question might sound stupid  . I have a large synonym file and have
created the synonyms something like below

*allergy test  =>  Doctors, Doctors-Medical, PHYSICIANS, Physicians &
Surgeons
*

    I have also added the synonym to get indexed during index time like
below

<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
<analyzer type="index">
<charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>

words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true"/>
<filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1"
catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
<filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="English"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
</analyzer>
<analyzer type="query">
<charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>

words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true"/>
<filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0" catenateNumbers="0"
catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
<filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="English"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
</analyzer>
</fieldType>

But when I do a search for allergy , I get 0 results

when I go to solr/admin/analysis.jsp and I could see the corresponding
synonym show up

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n3313862/Screenshot-1.png

So I couldn't find where is the problem

when i change the synonym file to a comma separated I am able to see the
results

It would be great if you can help me out with this

Thanks
Balaji