hello,

I have some problems with synonyms. I will show some examples to descripe
the problem:

High school Lissabon
High school Barcelona
University of applied science

When a user search for IFD i want all the results back. So i want to use
this synonyms at query time:

IFD => high school lissabon, high school barcelona,University of applied
science

The data is stored in the field "schools".

Schools type looks like this:

   <fieldType name="schools" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory"/>
        <tokenizer class="solr.PatternTokenizerFactory" pattern="\s|,|-" />
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
        <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory"/>
        <tokenizer class="solr.PatternTokenizerFactory" pattern="\s|,|-" />
ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

AS you can see i use some pattern tokenizer which splits on whitespace. When
i use the synonyms at query time the
analytics show me this:

high           | school | lissabon    | science
high           | school | barcelona  |
university   | of       | applied      |

When i search for IFD i get no results. I found this in debugQuery:

schools:"(high high university) (school school of) (lissaban barcelona
applied) (science)"

With this i see the problem: solr tries a lot of combinations but not the
right one. I thought i could
escape the whitespaces in the synonyms(High\ school\ Lissabon). Then the
analytics shows me better results:

High school Lissabon
High school Barcelona
University of applied science

Then SOLR search for "high school Lissabon" but in my index it is tokenized
on whitespace, still no results.

I'm stuck, can someone help me??

Thanks