Please look at this page: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrInstall.
Near the bottom
there is a list of tips for setting up Solr in various containers.
Will one of them
work for you?

But if you're just starting, why not make it easy and start with the
example that
is already set up to run in Jetty? Unpack the Solr distribution, go to the
solr example directory and type "java -jar start.jar".

Best
Erick