well yea you are right... i realised that lack of detail issue here... so
here it comes...

This is from my schema.xml and basically i have a synonyms.txt file which
contains

deniz,denis,denise

After posting here, I have checked some stuff that I have faced before,
while trying to add accented letters to the system... so it seems like same
or similar stuff... so...

As i want to support partial matches, the search string is modified on php
side. if user enters deniz, it is sent to solr as deniz*

when i check on solr admin, i was able to make searches with
deniz,denise,denis and they all return correct results, but when i put the
wildcard, i get nothing...

so with the above settings;

deniz
denise
denis
works smoothly

deniz*
denise*
denis*
returns nothing...

should i implement some kinda analyzer or tokenizer or any kinda component
to overtime this thing?

Rob Casson wrote:

> you should probably post your schema.xml and some parts of your
> synonyms.txt.  it could be differences between your index and query
> analysis chains, synonym expansion errors, etc, but folks will likely
> need more details to help you out.
>
> cheers,
> rob
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 9:46 PM, deniz <denizdurmu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> could it be related with analysis issue about synonyms once again?
>>

>> -----
>> Zeki ama calismiyor... Calissa yapar...
>> --

-----