: The XML output when performing a query via the solr interface is like this:
: <datename="endDate">1-01-01T00:00:00Z</date>

i think you mean: <date name="endDate">1-01-01T00:00:00Z</date>

: > > So my question is: Is this a bug in the solr output engine, or should mono
: > > be able to parse the date as given from solr? I have not yet tried it out
: > > on .net as I do not have access to a windows machine at the moment.

it is in fact a bug in Solr that not a lot of people have been overly
concerned with some most people don't deal with dates that far back....

...I spent a little time working on it at one point but got side tracked
by other things since there are a coupld of related issues with the
canonical iso8601 date format arround year "0" that made it non obvious
what hte "ideal" solution was.

-Hoss