From: Jaeger, Jay - DOT [mailto:jay.jae...@dot.wi.gov]
Sent: 13 September 2011 21:06
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Out of memory

numDocs is not the number of documents in memory.  It is the number of
documents currently in the index (which is kept on disk).  Same goes for
maxDocs, except that it is a count of all of the documents that have ever
been in the index since it was created or optimized (including deleted
documents).

Your subject indicates that something is giving you some kind of Out of
memory error.  We might better be able to help you if you provide more
information about your exact problem.

JRJ