From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerick...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 7:46 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: NRT and commit behavior

Uhm, you're putting  a lot of index into not very much memory. I really think
you're going to have to shard your index across several machines to get past
this problem. Simply increasing the size of your caches is still limited by the
physical memory you're working with.

You really have to put a profiler on the system to see what's going on. At that
size there are too many things that it *could* be to definitively answer it
with e-mails....

Best
Erick