I have 300 cores so I feel your pain :-)

What we do is use a relative path for the file.  It works if you use
../../common/schema.xml for each core, then just create a common directory
off your solr home and put your schema file there.

I found this works great with solrconfig.xml and all of it's dependencies as
well.

Another choice is to look at the sharedLib parameter, which adds some
directory to your classpath.  I played with this for a little bit and
couldn't get it working, so I went with the relative path solution.