I'm batching documents into solr using solr cell with the 'stream.url' parameter. Everything is working fine until I get to about 5k documents in and then it starts issuing 'read timeout 500' errors on every document.

The sysadmin says there's plenty of CPU, memory, and no paging so it doesn't look like the OS is the problem. I can curl the documents that Solr is trying to index and failing just fine so it seems to be a Solr issue. There's only about 35K documents total so Solr should even blink.

Can anyone help me diagnose this problem? I'd be happy to provide any more detail that is needed.

Thanks - Tod