We recently updated our Solr and Solr indexing from DIH using Solr 1.4 to our
own Hadoop import using SolrJ and Solr 3.4.

While everything seems to be working, we seem to have one stumper of a
problem.

Any document that has a string field value with a carriage return "\r" is
having that carriage return stripped before being added to the index.  All
line breaks "\n" are not being stripped.

Example: I am adding the following to my SolrInputDocument - "Peter\r\nPan".
This is what is the index after commit: "Peter\nPan".

This did not occur with the DIH.

Thoughts? Is there a way to not have solrJ strip all carriage returns?