Hi Erick,

Your right I think. On resources we gain a little bit on:
disk (a production implementation with live data would be 500 mb saved
in disk usage on each slave and master)
some reduction in network traffic on replication (we do a full
re-index every 24 hours at present)

On design we gain a little by being able to support searches at
various document levels (perform a destination search or hotel search
and return
documents at the "correct" level for the search with out the need to
perform field collapsing)

But in the cold light of day I don't think we gain huge amounts.
(leaving aside the index replication of a full index)

cheers lee c