On 10/24/2011 02:35 PM, MBD wrote:
Is this really a stumper? This is my first experience with Solr and having spent
only an hour or so with it I hit this barrier (below). I'm sure *I* am doing
something completely wrong just hoping someone more familiar with the platform can
help me identify&  fix it.

For starters...what's "Could not initialize class ..." mean in Java exactly?
Maybe that the class (ie code) itself doesn't exist? - so perhaps I haven't downloaded
all the pieces of the project? Or, could it be a hint that my kit is just not configured
correctly? Sorry, I'm not a Java expert...but would like to get this stabilized...if
possible.

Yeah - that's the problem. looks like the pdfbox jar is not installed in a place where Solr can find it (on its classpath).
If this is the wrong mailing list then just tell me and I'll go away...

Thanks!