From: Tom Cooke [mailto:tom.co...@gossinteractive.com]
Sent: 26 October 2011 20:06
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Can dynamic fields defined by a prefix be used with LatLonType?

Hi,

I'm adding support for lat/lon data into an existing schema which uses
prefix-based dynamic fields e.g. "OBJECT_I_*".  I would like to add
"OBJECT_LL_*" as a dynamic field for LatLonType data but it seems that
the LatLonType always needs to add suffixes for the dynamically created
subfields which leads to a field name being generated that not only
matches the subfield suffix e.g. "*_coordinate" but also matches
"OBJECT_LL_*" leading to a clash.

Is there any way around this other than always using a suffix-based
approach to define any dynamic fields that contain LatLonType data?

Thanks,

Tom

Sign-up to our newsletter for industry best practice and thought
leadership: http://www.gossinteractive.com/newsletter

Registered Office: c/o Bishop Fleming, Cobourg House, Mayflower Street,
Plymouth, PL1 1LG. Company Registration No: 3553908

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please
notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on
this email.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to
it have been checked with virus detection software before transmission.
You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage that may be caused by software viruses.