So Solr 1.4. I decided I wanted to change a field to have omitNorms=true that didn't previously.

So I changed the schema to have omitNorms=true. And I reindexed all documents.

But it seems to have had absolutely no effect. All relevancy rankings seem to be the same.

Now, I could have a mistake somewhere else, maybe I didn't do what I thought.

But I'm wondering if there are any known issues related to this, is there something special you have to do to change a field from omitNorms=false to omitNorms=true on an already built index? Other than re-indexing everything? Any known issues relevant here?

Thanks for any help,

Jonathan