Hi All,

  I recently started working on SOLR 3.3 and would need your expertise to
provide a solution. I'm working on a POC, in which I've imported 3.5 million
document records using DIH. We have a source system which publishes change
data capture in a XML format. The requirement is to integrate SOLR with the
real time CDC updates. I've written an utility program which receives the
XML message, transform and update SOLR using SOLRJ. The source system
publishes atleast 3-4 messages per second, and the requirement is to have
the changes reflected within 1-2 seconds. Right now it takes almost 15-25
seconds to get the changes committed in SOLR. I know, commit at every record
or every second would hamper the search and indexing.

I thought of having a Master for writes and a Slave for reads, but again not
sure how fast the replication would be? Since the requirement is to have the
change data capture in 1-2 seconds.

Any thoughts or suggesstions are appreciated. Thanks again.