What does "sorting on a multivalued field" mean? Should the document
appear, in your example, in the a's? c's? e's? p's? There's no logical
place to sort a document into a list when there's more than one token that
makes sense in the general case that I can think of....

Why wouldn't searching oh your multivalued field and sorting on your
min and max fields give you what you want? Can you give an example?

Best
Erick