Hi:

I have a massive data repository (hundreds of millions of records) stored in
Berkeley DB with Java code to access it, and I need an efficient method to
import it into Solr for indexing. I cannot find a straightforward Java data
import API that I can load the data with.

There is no JDBC for the DataImportHandler to call, it is not a simple file,
and the inefficiencies (and extra code) needed to submit it as HTTP calls, or
as XML feeds, etc. are measures of last resort only.

Can a call a Lucene API in a Solr installation to do this somehow?

Thanks