Thank you for your replies guys.................that helped a lot. Thanks
"iorixxx" that was the command that worked out.
I also tried my solr with mysql and that worked too. Congo! :)
Now, I want to index my files according to their size and facet them
according to their size ranges. I know that there is an option of "fileSize"
in FileListEntityProcessor but I am not getting any way to perform this.
Is fileSize a metadata? If it is, then the steps I performed are
-----------------------------
I created a field name and dynamic field name in schema. as
--------------------
<dynamicField name="metadata_*" type="string" indexed="true"  stored="true"
multiValued="false"/>
<field name="fileSize" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="false"/>
Added range facet in solrconfig.xml and in data-config.xml I added a <str>
according to field in data-config.xml
------------------solrconfig.xml
<int name="f.fileSize.facet.range.start">0</int>
       <int name="f.fileSize.facet.range.gap">100</int>
        <int name="f.fileSize.facet.range.end">600</int>
----data-config.xml---
<field column="FileSize" name="fileSize" />