Hi,
 As per our business logic we have to show two products per company in our
results. Second product should also be displayed as a normal search result,
instead of "more..." (or "+", "expand") kind of nested results.

*Short description*: With *group.limit=2 *option I am not able to find the
exact number of results (not groups) that will be returned in the output on
increasing start/rows parameters. Is there any solution?

*Detailed description*:

We are using solr 3.4 with following group options

group=true
group.field=company
group.limit=2
group.format=simple
group.ngroups=true

I have following company wise count in index against search criteria
company1 = 1 products
company2 = 2 products
company3 = 3 products
company4 = 4 products

Now I get a result with following figures

matches:10
ngroups:4
doclist.numFound:10

But actual results returned are different (7 results).

At max there can be 4x2 (= 8 ngroups x limit) products in the result but
company1 returns just 1 results. Others return 2 results each.

Now My question is how can I find this actual number so that I can display
correct page numbers?

I searched for it but there were very few threads regarding the exact issue
and those too were old.

Any help or pointer is appreciated.

--
Regards,