This what i tried:

   - Gone to  the solr 3.1 directory which is downloaded from here.
   http://www.trieuvan.com/apache//lucene/solr/3.1.0/apache-solr-3.1.0.tgz
   - wget
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12493167/SOLR-2703.patch
   - run the :  patch -p0 -i SOLR-2703.patch --dry-run
   - got an error :
      - patching file
      core/src/test/org/apache/solr/search/TestSurroundQueryParser.java
      - patching file core/src/test-files/solr/conf/schemasurround.xml
      - patching file core/src/test-files/solr/conf/solrconfigsurround.xml
      - patching file
      core/src/java/org/apache/solr/search/SurroundQParserPlugin.java
      - patching file example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml
      - Hunk #1 FAILED at 1538.
      - 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
      example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml.rej
   - our solr config file is getting end at 1508 only.
   - tried finding sudo find / -name TestSurroundQueryParser.java  which is
   not found in the directory .
   - and when m doing svn up giving me Skipped '.'

*Please suggest what should i do now ? *

--
Thanks & Regards

Rahul Mehta